Friday, November 24, 2006

Toenail Legacy

Some of you may remember the story I wrote about the window falling on my toe, while Jackson and I were attempting to fit it. I watched for about 4 weeks as the tissue under the nail slowly died, and the toenail lifted up. Finally about 2 weeks before our upcoming hike, I showed it to the doctor and Jenni, and we decided it would be better to take it off, than have it rip off during the hike.
Accordingly, that evening, the doctor injected me with 2 shots of lidocaine in the toe, and wripped it out. Now, almost 2 weeks later it is feeling much better and on it´s way back to normalcy.

My toe, wrapped most professionally by my cousin, Ansley.


And my toe, unveiled. Not too beautiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear kid, why don't you just cut off the offending member?:-)
Thanks for keeping us posted on your condition. you are in our prayers.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Thrushsong said...

Well, I gave a shudder as I read the words ("wripped it out"). Thanks for sharing.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely picture.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home