Sunday, January 28, 2007

Good Times



Memories are rich with the infusion of pain, laughter, smells, and sounds. My memories of Peru are priceless, the good times, and the bad times. I hope the last thing I relinquish to the inevitable process of aging is my memory. Let me sit in my armchair, when I am crippled by debilitating arthritis, when I honestly can't remember the difference between lettuce and spinach, and let me not set my good memories away on the shelf alongside such aging relics such as motor function, eyesight, and the ability to run, and run fast. Let me sit in my armchair with the open book of good memories on my lap, and look into my face, and see me smile.

8 Comments:

Blogger barry said...

I like your thoughts

3:40 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I am honored. I couldn't seem to arrange my thoughts in a satisfactory way in this blog, but hopefully a little of what I felt will shine through.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Petraglyph said...

That's very nicely written John! I can just picture you now, swaying back and forth in your rocking chair, stroking your long white beard, and sighing in satisfaction at the memory of that photo.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

what beard?

I guess Peru has made you grow up--you're sounding far more mature than I am..

sorry I missed you on IM, I was in Tax class

1:22 PM  
Blogger barry said...

It's the thought that counts.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Happy Sabbath, Kid. I'm praying for you.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

I don't know about the beard, and I'm not sure the blog merits fantastic predictions of maturity. Nevertheless, my blog remains what it is, my mind sensed I had stumbled on something profound, but lacked machinery to plumb it's depths...

8:19 AM  
Blogger barry said...

Rather, your mind has plumbed the depths, but what you see is difficult to describe. May communication with God and fellow man continue to produce original thoughts in your mind.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home