Monday, January 15, 2007

Moments from our week

Taking an afternoon shower under the eaves of our house. A moment of joy. (*)


Alex suited up for combat with the wasps. (*)



Cutting down a tree, take note, I am not smiling. If you can click on the picture and enlarge it, you may get a better idea of my expression. (*)
Here I am carrying our monster 36 inch bar chainsaw. Alex and I figure a modest estimate of the weight would be 30 pounds. This is the only practical way to carry the chainsaw long distances. (*)









6 Comments:

Blogger The View from Great Island said...

John that is quite a chainsaw I'm glad I don't have to use one that big here at home. Next time you get stung by the wasps mix the contents of 2-3 charcoal capsules with water to make a paste apply it to the sting site within 5 minutes and you should get much less swelling and reaction. dad

9:14 AM  
Blogger barry said...

You are getting strong. Don't envy me too much. My social, poltical, and academic life leave little time to strengthen the body--something every honest man wishes to do more.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Barry seems to be correct. I'm not sure if I'll be able to take you down when you arrive home...

7:07 AM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Glad to see your ear protection Jonas

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Dad: thanks for the empathy and advice.

Barry: You are getting strong too, albeit maybe you are strengthening a different muscle...

Paul: Don't worry about "taking me down" so much. The question has never been, "can you take me down?", the question has always been, who gets worn out first? An analogy: have you ever tried punching a leaf?

Julie: The ear protectors are courtesy of Alex, and have been very usefull. The chainsaw we use sounds like someone operating a normal saw into a microphone.

10:50 AM  
Blogger barry said...

I'm not so sure, John. All I know is that I get sore quite often!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home