Friday, May 18, 2007

The End

My arrival in the U.S. has precipitated a slow and surprising descent into modern affluence. Running water (hot or cold?), Light at the flip of a switch, the amazing roadway system, no cracked windshields; my surprise on arrival may only be understood with a perspective of where I came from.

This blog's primary function has been to chronicle in some way the events of the past 9 months. The snapshots of my life which it contains are often blurred, and never sufficient. Peru has many internet cafe's, but the minimal price hardly makes up for the sluggish connection which plauged us the majority of the time. I have spent many hours throughout Peru trying to communicate with the "Outside" world, trying to understand what was happening in a far-off home, trying to recount what was happening in my own world. I will never regret the effort.

This is an ending. My year, to my own surprise, has come to an end. Experiences precipitate changes; as long as I can remember the experiences, I know the changes will remain with me.

And so, without further ado.....

the end.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

You don't need to end it - why don't you continue to be a missionary wherever you are and chronicle your life experiences?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

I agree...Keep on with the awesome thoughts and observations, John. It's been good to be able to read messages from you now and then.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

alex: excellent point. However, this blog was exclusively created to relate my experiences in Peru. Departure from thence necessitated a termnination.

johonn: I will definitely keep posting comments, and am considering opening a new blog...

2:44 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Well I guess the idea of a new blog isn't a bad one - and I expect to see it implemented immediatly if not sooner.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Gerrans said...

ok fine...just don't delete this one, keep it here so we can go back and remember the Peru trip! :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Jan Robert (Robby) Heiberg said...

What's your plans for next year John?

10:52 PM  
Blogger AA-ron BLOG said...

John, I'm glad we met. I had a wonderful time with the three of you in Peru. As the odd man out I almost felt apart of the family. I hope you have your camera, do you??

Aaron Marson

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

robby: I think i will be at southern. what about yourself?

aaron: I received my camera without problems, it was great to get to know you! where do we meet next?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jan Robert (Robby) Heiberg said...

I'll continue working on my batchelor in Business administration her in Norway.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home